I’ve filled my mixed media Strathmore sketchbook and thought I’d share a flip of its insides with you.
- Media used includes a whole bunch of stuff including
- Indian ink
- Faber-Castell Gelatos
- watercolors of different brands
- Prismacolor colored pencils, markers and water-soluble pencils
- Sakura Gelly Roll pens
- cheap acrylics
- charcoal in black and white
- and some other stuff I’m probably forgetting 8D
These ladies are a sketchbook study in ways to portray glitter. On the left, I used Prismacolor markers, white Indian ink, Prismacolor pencils, a colorless blender and watercolor. On the right, I just dumped actual glitter all over her! BAHAHA. Their faces turned out very similar but not quite the same, so I call them the red glitter sisters Ruby and Scarlett. ❤
These are some recent pages from my sketchbook: attempts to comprehend sheer fabric, lace, the anatomy of a face. I screwed the first woman’s face up and decided to save her lovely dress by dumping glitter on her head in the shape of a drizzling cloud. I don’t know.