I’ve filled my mixed media Strathmore sketchbook and thought I’d share a flip of its insides with you.
- Media used includes a whole bunch of stuff including
- Indian ink
- Faber-Castell Gelatos
- watercolors of different brands
- Prismacolor colored pencils, markers and water-soluble pencils
- Sakura Gelly Roll pens
- cheap acrylics
- charcoal in black and white
- and some other stuff I’m probably forgetting 8D
These ladies are a sketchbook study in ways to portray glitter. On the left, I used Prismacolor markers, white Indian ink, Prismacolor pencils, a colorless blender and watercolor. On the right, I just dumped actual glitter all over her! BAHAHA. Their faces turned out very similar but not quite the same, so I call them the red glitter sisters Ruby and Scarlett. ❤
Today, I’m saying goodbye to 2014 by looking through the notebooks I wrote in during the year. ❤ For a wee video, visit the post on my Tumblr.
This was inspired by one of my favorite Instagram artists: tomatozombie.